Monday, October 13, 2008

Good and Bad

I'm down 1 lb from Friday!! And to think of the things I ate over the weekend...oi ve! It was as if my body knew that I was mentally thinking about a food journal and I ate everything I don't want to admit to having to write down. So I ate it all last weekend, and hopefully got it out of my system!! :)

Bad news first: I didn't go to the gym for 5 weeks!! In a row!!

Good news: I went to the gym this morning and ran 10 minutes out of my 30 min walk/run. That is huge for me. Plus, did upper body workout. ALSO>>> I weighed myself at the gym. They have a balance scale, so it's more accurate than a digital so I keep a mental track of those numbers and they're usually higher than home (because I have my clothes and shoes on).
And Today It Was... 10 lbs lighter than when I weighed myself 5 weeks ago!! :) Yeah!!

Now, two things are key here, even though I wasn't working out. I had been working out and must have kick started my metabolism. AND, I've cut way back on snacking and eating late at night. I go to bed earlier so I'm not tempted to munch. Plus, my job keeps me locked in a room for hours, so there's no walking by the break room and snacking (OK, not locked, but I don't wander as much).

So, tip for the week: PORTION CONTROL. Start with half of what you think you want. Eat slowly. If you're still hungry, drink more water. :)

Don't forget the food journal!!

2 comments:

TeresaL said...

Wow! 10lbs in 5 weeks, that's not bad.

Elisa said...

You can find your blog in our group blogs section. Thanks, Mormon Mommy Blogs