Sunday, November 16, 2008

Shopping for...Something?

This weekend I ended up on a shopping mission to find my girls and my nice dresses for my brother's wedding in January. I love shopping for the girls. The money just seems to go farther. :)
Anyway, who would have thought that it would be so difficult finding a dress with pink and brown on it...together?!?!? I've seen stuff everywhere, it seemed, with pink and brown, addorable stuff, too. I envisioned a brown dress with pink polkadots, pink ribbon at the empire waist, maybe a brown shrug. Adorable, right?? Yah, right. I haven't been to the mall in ages.

Apparently, only in my dreams. And, if I could even figure out a sewing machine, I considered for a very small moment to make them my dang self! Everywhere was black and pink, black and red, cream and every other color, even brown and blue! No luck with brown and pink, together.

Then, to what do my wondering eyes should appear? A brown taffita A-line with an empire waist, pink and champanine ribbon sewed all around it. I didn't matter that I had to buy everyone of them a larger size. I fell in love. These are perfect. Not quite what I had in mind... but better! For the happy ending, I found fuzzy shruggs on clearance for the babys and a shimmery shrug for Eliza. What a day! I was pooped, but very gratified.

My reason for this post: besides my frustration, I became so very exceited to actually buy something for me, in a smaller size!! I know what I want, and I'm determined to get it in a smaller size in one month. If I can't find it, I will definatly make it (or my Grandma will help me a great deal!)!

So help me if my bro's fiance changes her mind! :)

1 comment:

TeresaL said...

yay! I wanna see pictures of you girls in your dresses!!! :)